Our School Day
Our doors open at 8.45am and and our children settle down to work at 9:00am. A teacher is on duty in the playground from 8.30am to supervise early arrivals. We ask all parents, (with exception of new entrants), to say ‘goodbye’ in the playground. This is to encourage the children to take responsibility for their own belongings and to enable the teachers to start their day on time.
Corfe Castle Kids Club runs an Early Bird Club on our site from 8am which is a very useful facility for working parents.
Our children get to school in a number of ways:
- By foot, bike or scooter: Children are encouraged to walk, cycle or scooter to school where possible and safe. There are special bike and scooter racks in the playground.
- By car: The school has its own car park which is shared with the Pre-School. It is quite small so please try to walk or cycle if possible. It is adjacent to the school field and you can walk into the school and Pre-School directly from the car park without having to go back onto East Street.
- By bus or taxi: Buses run from the outlying villages from as far as Kimmeridge into the school. Your child may also be eligible for a taxi to school if there is not an appropriate bus on a particular route. Please contact us for more information.
Break & Lunch Times
- All the children have a 15 minute morning break.
- Reception and Key Stage One children break for lunch at 12pm.
- Key Stage Two children work through until 12.10pm.
- Reception and Key Stage One children also have a break in the afternoon.