Welcome to Corfe Castle CE Primary School
Our village school is set in the beautiful Purbeck countryside, half way between the seaside town of Swanage and the bustling market town of Wareham.
Our staff and governors are passionate about providing the very best for our children. You can be sure that when your child joins us, they will become part of a strong, safe community in a happy, caring environment that offers them the support and encouragement to reach their full potential.
Click here for a message from our new Head of School.
Click here to ‘like’ us on Facebook and keep up-to-date with all our news.
We are one of Purbeck’s best kept secrets
Our good OFSTED rating and excellent performance results speak for themselves. In 2012, our assessment data showed us to be one of the top performing schools in the country.
That our children love coming here is what really matters to us and makes us very proud of our school.
Why Choose Us?
We are passionate about learning
- All children are encouraged to develop a love of learning.
- Small group work ensures that all children are challenged and are able to work at an appropriate level based on their ability and not their age.
We are inclusive and open to all
- We pride ourselves on being a welcoming and inclusive school.
- OFSTED praises the way that “pupils with special educational needs and/or disabilities make good progress, and later entrants to the school are helped to quickly adjust so they do well”.
We are committed to providing excellent education across the curriculum
- Our children have access to a wide-ranging and creative curriculum, where they are actively engaged and enthused in their learning.
- We use ICT to enhance learning across the curriculum, with innovative software and up-to-date technology.
- We encourage participation in the many clubs on offer, from art and design to drama, music and sport.
We are a small school, with a big voice
- We create a family atmosphere in school and every member of staff gets to know your child well.
- We are a leading player in the Purbeck Education Partnership and the founding member of a cluster of three local primary schools, now part of Saturn Education Trust, that drives a collaborative approach to raising attainment through joint staff training and development, and shared learning for our children.
- More information about Saturn Education Trust can be found at www.saturneducation.org.uk.
We are there when you need us
- With a Parent & Child Activity Group and Pre-School on site, we provide for your child from birth to 11 years.
- Extended care starts with Breakfast Club from 8am and continues after school until 5.30pm.
- Our Holiday Club provides care during half terms and holidays.
We transitioned from a First to a Primary School and welcomed our first Year Six children in September 2013. To accommodate the extra children, our school buildings and facilities have been expanded and improved.
Take a look at our facilities page to find out about these exciting changes and see more photos of the work in progress.
We hope you enjoy exploring our website. If you have any more questions or if you would like to arrange a visit please don’t hesitate to contact us. You can call Mrs Cake or Mrs Snell in the School Office on 01929 480428 or email email@example.com