PE & Sport
Our children really enjoy their regular PE sessions as well as taking part in sporting events outside the school.
We receive PE and School Sport premium funding. This money has been used to employ a specialist PE coach who visits at least twice a week and to buy in to The Purbeck School Sports Scheme. These ensure that our children and staff have access to:
- High quality PE lessons from specialist sports teachers and coaches alongside normal class teachers. This will impact on pupils by having specialist tuition and on teachers observing best practice. There is then the opportunity for discussion between teachers.
- Advice on assessment of pupils knowledge and understanding of skills and their application of knowledge.
- School sports clubs, aimed at producing ‘lifelong’ sportsmen and women and increasing participation in these clubs, enabling pupils to participate in sports fixtures and festivals alongside other schools.
- CPD units for teachers to help improve their knowledge of Fundamental Movement Skills, team games, aesthetic activities and outdoor education activities.
- Advice on delivery of PE curriculum, assessment of pupils particularly with reference to the new National Curriculum from September 2014.