Welcome to Corfe Castle CE Primary School
Our village school is set in the beautiful Purbeck countryside, half way between the seaside town of Swanage and the bustling market town of Wareham.
Our staff and governors are passionate about providing the very best for our children. You can be sure that when your child joins us, they will become part of a strong, safe community in a happy, caring environment that offers them the support and encouragement to reach their full potential.
We are one of Purbeck’s best kept secrets
Our school provides a distinctive and inclusive education for our children, who are supported to achieve their own potential. Their good progress in both social and academic skills prepares them for a fulfilling future.
We are mindful of children’s emotional development and self-esteem and have a dedicated ELSA (Emotional Literacy Support Assistant) working across all classes.
In addition to good quality teaching and collective worship, the children have many opportunities for enrichment, providing them with the skills they need in order to develop as life-long learners.
That our children love coming here is what really matters to us and makes us very proud of our school.
Our recent SIAMS (Statutory Inspection of Anglican and Methodist Schools) in April 2016 judged us to be a GOOD church school. Please click the link below to read the full report.
Why Choose Us?
We are passionate about learning
- All children are encouraged to develop a love of learning.
- Small group work ensures that all children are challenged and are able to work at an appropriate level based on their ability and not their age.
We are inclusive and open to all
- We pride ourselves on being a welcoming and inclusive school.
- OFSTED praises the way that “pupils with special educational needs and/or disabilities make good progress, and later entrants to the school are helped to quickly adjust so they do well”.
We are committed to providing excellent education across the curriculum
- Our children have access to a wide-ranging and creative curriculum, where they are actively engaged and enthused in their learning.
- We use ICT to enhance learning across the curriculum, with innovative software and up-to-date technology.
- We encourage participation in the many clubs on offer, from art and design to drama, music and sport.
We are there when you need us
- With a Parent & Child Activity Group and Pre-School on site, we provide for your child from birth to 11 years.
- Extended care starts with Breakfast Club from 8am and continues after school until 5.30pm.
- Our Holiday Club provides care during half terms and holidays.
We transitioned from a First to a Primary School and welcomed our first Year Six children in September 2013. To accommodate the extra children, our school buildings and facilities were expanded and improved.